With the XMARK Functional Trainer Cable Machine, your home gym workout will get a range of exercises to perform. The item is great for functional training to target all the key muscle groups. This is the best cable machine for home gym use that comes with weight stacks, pulleys, and straps. It can be placed in the living room or a garage with all the gear needed.
Cable machines offer a wide range of exercises that can target every muscle group. They are also very versatile, which means that you can adjust them to fit your needs. With adjustable cable pulleys, you can perform exercises to gain mass and improve flexibility.
5 Best Cable Machines Detailed Review
Check the top 5 cable machines for home gym use and their features.
1. XMARK Functional Trainer Cable Machine
The XMARK Cable Machine is a great cable pulley machine for those who are looking for a durable and sturdy machine. It is made of 11-gauge steel and can support up to 600 pounds. The cable machine also has an adjustable pulley system. It allows you to perform over 50 different exercises like bicep curls, chest press, and more.
Cable Machine Features:
- The construction is made of heavy-duty steel to serve you for years.
- The cable machine has two 200-lb weight stacks.
- The quickly adjustable pulleys come with 19 settings to set the desired height.
- There are two hand straps, two long strap handles, a triceps rope, two bars, a leg curl bar, and an ankle strap included.
The XMARK Cable Machine is truly the best cable machine for home gym use. The gear comes with all the necessary attachments and has a sturdy construction. It is a great choice for people who are looking for a functional training machine. The whole family will benefit from the gym accessories the machine comes with.
2. FreeMotion Dual Cable EXT Crossover
The FreeMotion Dual Cable EXT Crossover is a top-notch strength training equipment. The machine comes with two 210-pound weight stacks and two rotating arms with pulleys. You can do a wide variety of exercises including shoulder presses, lat pulls and squats. The FreeMotion cable crossover machine is a great choice for people who want to get a solid full-body workout.
Cable Machine Features:
- The crossover machine is made of 7- and 11-gauge steel to provide durability.
- The construction can withstand a weight of up to 350 pounds.
- Each arm rotates in a 12-inch setting vertically and in a 9-inch setting horizontally.
- The FreeMotion machine comes with weight stacks, pulleys, and an ankle cuff.
FreeMotion Dual Cable EXT cable crossover machines are ideal for strength training to activate muscles all over your body. The machine comes with all the necessary attachments and has a weight capacity of 350 pounds. The construction is made of heavy-duty steel to provide durability and stability.
3. Valor Fitness BD-61 Cable Crossover Station
The Valor Fitness Cable Crossover is the best cable crossover machine if you’re tight in space. The weight capacity for this machine is 250 pounds, which is suitable for a home gym or garage gym. The construction is made of 12-gauge steel tubing with a powder coat finish. This machine comes with two pulleys with 16 adjustable positions. There are also two pegs to store standard and Olympic weight plates.
Cable Machine Features:
- The Valor Crossover Station is made of 12-gauge steel with rubber grips.
- There’s a pull-up bar to get more exercise.
- The machine comes with a lat pulldown bar, row bar, two strap handles, and four plastic Olympic adapter sleeves.
- The maximum weight load of the home cable crossover machine is 250 pounds.
The Valor Fitness Cable Station is a great choice for full-body functional training. The construction is made of heavy-duty steel tubing and the handles come with a rubber grip. The adjustable pulleys have 16 different positions. With this cable machine, you’re able to perform bicep curls, lat pull downs, cable rows, and more.
4. GDLF Lat Pull Down Machine
The GDLF Pull Down machine is made of an alloy steel frame with powder coating. The max weight capacity of the machine is 500 pounds. It has an ergonomic design with adjustable seat and foam rollers. The knee pad can be adjusted to different heights. With this lat pull-down machine, you’re able to perform lat pull-downs, bicep curls, triceps extensions, and more. This is the best cable machine for an upper-body workout.
Cable Machine Features:
- The steel construction comes with a non-slip base for better stability.
- The foam rollers and the seat have 4 positions to adjust the height.
- There are storage pegs for standard and Olympic plates, a pull-down bar, and a row bar.
- The max weight load is 500 pounds.
The GDLF Lat Pull Down Machine is a durable and sturdy machine. With its compact design, the cable machine will save space in your home or garage gym. This plate-loaded cable machine has an ergonomic design and is able to accommodate different body sizes. With this cable machine, you will be able to perform a variety of upper-body exercises.
5. Body-Solid Powerline Cable Crossover Machine
The Body-Solid Powerline Cable Crossover Machine is a great addition to your home gym equipment. The machine has a high-resin dual-pulley system with sealed ball bearings. The weight stacks are covered with steel shrouds. The crossover machine allows you to do balance exercises like tricep extensions, bicep curls, and lateral raises.
Cable Machine Features:
- The Body-Solid machine is made with sturdy aluminum.
- The home gym machine comes with two cable handles and an ankle strap.
- There are adjustable nylon cable handles and eight sealed ball bearings for a smooth glide.
- The vertically adjustable pulleys feature a smooth 180° swivel.
The Body-Solid Powerline Cable Crossover Machine fits low and high pulley exercises flawlessly. You can work out your abs, pectorals, biceps, and triceps with this versatile crossover. It comes with all accessories to start using the machine right after assembling.
How to Choose the Best Cable Machine for Home Gym – The Buyer’s Guide
When choosing the best functional training machine, you should consider the following factors:
- the weight of the machine – a portable cable machine should be easy to move around;
- the height of the machine – it should fit your home or garage gym;
- the number of pulleys – consider more accessories for your family members who also want to attend your gym sessions;
- the length of the cables – they should be long enough to provide a range of exercises.
- materials – look for heavy-duty constructions with a solid frame.
- adjustability – you have to be able to set the desired pulley height and weight stack level of the gym equipment.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Does a Cable Machine Work?
A cable machine is a workout device that uses pulleys and cables to provide resistance against which you can push or pull. The cables are attached to dual weight stacks, which can be adjusted to increase or decrease the amount of resistance. A wall-mounted cable machine is attached to the wall for better security.
What Are the Benefits of Using a Cable Machine?
Cable machines allow you to perform a wide range of exercises using one piece of equipment. These include chest presses, rows, biceps curls, triceps extensions, and leg lifts. Also, the workout machine provides adjustable resistance levels. So you can gradually increase the difficulty of your workouts as your fitness level improves. Third, cable machines are low-impact, so they are easy on your joints.
What Exercises Can You Do with a Cable Machine?
Cable machines allow you to perform chest presses, rows, biceps curls, triceps extensions, and leg lifts. If there’s a seat attached to the machine, the number of exercises you can do increases. These include shoulder presses, abdominal crunches, and oblique twists. Most cable machines come with a pull-up station, which is a great perk. You can do a full-body workout using a functional trainer cable machine.
Do I Need a Cable Machine for My Home Gym?
Cable machines provide a great way to mix up your workouts and keep your body guessing. The best cable crossover machines can target a wide range of muscles so you don’t need extra equipment. A compact cable machine doesn’t take up much space, which is ideal if you have a small home gym.
Can You Build Muscle with Cable Machines?
Cable machines offer a great way to build muscle. The best exercises for building muscles are compound movements that target multiple muscle groups at the same time. These exercises help you lift heavier weights and add more volume to your workouts, which are both key factors in building muscle.
Are Cable Machines Better than Weights?
Cable machines offer a different type of resistance than free weights. Free weights rely on gravity to provide resistance. While cable machines use pulleys and weight stacks to create resistance. This difference can make cable crossovers better for certain exercises and muscle groups. For example, cable machines are often used for chest exercises. Because they allow you to keep your hands in the same position throughout the exercise, which is not possible with free weights.
Are Cable Machines Easier on Joints?
Cable machines are easier on your joints than free weights. This is because you can adjust the seat and handle positions to best suit your body type and exercise goals. This customization means that there is less stress on your joints when using a home gym cable machine.
How Much Is a Cable Machine for a Home Gym?
The price of a cable machine for a home gym can range from $200 to $10,000. The cost depends on the materials, weight capacity, and accessories included. The best way to choose a machine is to first decide what your budget is and then look for the features that you need.
A cable machine is a great addition to any home gym. They are easy to use and allow for a wide range of exercises. Cable machines are also less stressful on your joints than free weights. When choosing a machine, consider your budget and the accessories that you need. Provide safe home gym flooring before installing such a bulk machine.