Take your home gym into the next level with a rowing machine. We’re testing 22 machines for 2 weeks to find the ones that show the best results. We’re sure the NordicTrack RW900 Rower will make you feel jazzed! It’s a real slam dunk, hands down.
NordicTrack RW900 Rower – Highly-Adjustable Equipment
- The machine comes with a 22″ touchscreen to add a buzz to your workout.
- It provides 26 resistance levels to set up comfy training.
- The NordicTrack rower can be folded, which makes the gear space-saving.
- The weight capacity of the gear is 250 pounds.
Looking for efficient home gym equipment? You’re at the right spot. A rowing machine is a real game-changer. It will boost your workout routine while staying indoors.
Rowers are beneficial for a novice athlete as well as an advanced person. Perhaps you’re curious about the House of Cards rowing machine spotted in the series. We’ve got something for you no matter what your fitness level is. Consider the following indoor rowing machines that are excellent to boost your upper-body workouts.
5 Best-Selling Rowing Machines Detailed Review
We’ve rounded up the list to 5 superb rowing machines ideal for a home gym and garage.
1. NordicTrack RW900 Rower – Highly-Adjustable Equipment
The NordicTrack RW900 Rower is a favorite of many sportsmen. The workout machine provides fascinating interactive features. It comes with a large screen that helps you to track your results. The iFit app allows you to check your personal metrics, fitness goals, and get recommended exercises. Besides, you can use the rower for a full-body workout as high-intensive training.
Rowing Machine Features
- The NordicTrack machine comes with a 22″ screen with an adjustable angle motion.
- There are two forms of resistance. The iFit Trainer sets the optimal workload out of 26 resistance levels. Or you can adjust it by manual air resistance control.
- The rowing machine has spacious pedals for comfy gripping. They come with quick-release foot straps.
- The magnetic rower has a folding design that is perfect for a compact home gym.
- The piece comes with front wheels to make the gear easily transportable.
- The iFit membership provides you with access to the studio classes with a range of efficient workouts.
Our Editors’ Opinion
The NordicTrack RW900 Rower is considered one of the best rowing machines. Such exercise equipment is loved for its big range of features. The rower is highly-adjustable which makes it friendly to both beginners and experts. The large touchscreen brings more entertainment while exercising. The picturesque background on the monitor will make you feel like you’re working out outdoors.
2. Sunny Health & Fitness Rowing Machine – Budget-Friendly Rower
The Sunny Health Fitness SF-RW5515 has a reasonable price and decent features. The gear comes with non-slip handlebars to provide a better grip. The indoor rowing machine has a digital monitor to track your time. You can manually set one out of eight resistance rowing levels. With magnetic resistance, you’re able to set the desired workload. The magnetic rower has an adjustable rail to fit even the tallest person.
Rowing Machine Features
- The Sunny Health & Fitness machine comes with an LCD monitor that tracks your time and counts calories burned.
- The row machine is made with a 48″ slide rail with an adjustable padded seat.
- There are non-slip pedals with straps by the sides of the magnetic rowing machine.
- The front is designed with transportation wheels while the back has floor stabilizers.
- The indoor rowing machine has eight levels of resistance.
- The SF-RW5515 magnetic machine features a foldable design that is great for small workout space.
Our Experts’ Opinion
The Sunny Health and Fitness is a great machine to amp up your upper body. It comes with a monitor to track your fitness goals. The gear is easily portable with the help of front wheels. The foldable design makes it the best rowing machine to consider. What a great piece of gym equipment for a reasonable price.
3. Concept2 Indoor Rowing Machine – Highly-Durable Trainer
The Concept2 Model D is the cream of the crops among rowing machines. That’s one of the best gear for rowing workouts. As the piece is pricey enough, it grabs the third position in our list. But its excellent features worth every buck. The rower comes with a monitor that is easy to use. You get access to preset workouts, distance, time, and calories burned. The product is easy to assemble as it requires only eight screws.
Rowing Machine Features
- The Concept2 rowing machine comes with a screen to track your progress.
- The exercise equipment is designed for a wide range of users. The 14″ seat height is adjustable.
- The weight capacity is 500 pounds, which is impressive.
- The row machine has a padded seat with no backrest.
- The model D has a frame made of stainless steel that makes the product quite durable.
- The air resistance mechanism provides smooth rowing motions with 10 levels of resistance.
Our Honest Opinion
The Concept2 Model D is an ace home rowing machine. It comes with a performance monitor that works with a heart rate belt (sold separately). The Concept2 is not a budget rowing machine but still, it’s a favorite of many athletes. It’s sturdy, adjustable, and ergonomic. The 500-pound weight capacity is a great perk. The gear is easy to assemble and store. Its foldable design includes front wheels.
4. Merax Water Rowing Machine – Gear with Powerful Resistance
The Merax Water Rowing Machine is the best water rower. It stands out with its classy design and resistance rowing features. The gear will make a rowing workout more pleasant, for sure. The dynamic rowing water resistance makes you feel like real rowing. The product comes with an LCD monitor that tracks your distance, calories, and strokes. It has front wheels to transfer the gear with no lifting it.
Rowing Machine Features
- The Merax Water machine is made with alloy steel that is even more durable than stainless steel.
- The product is designed with an inclined water tank that provides a range of rowing classes.
- The water resistance is easily adjustable, just fill the tank with water.
- The rowing machine has a screen to track your progress including calories, distance, and heart rate.
- The weight capacity is 330 pounds, which is great.
- The rowing machine’s contoured seat is comfy to sit on.
The Merax Water rower is a great home rowing machine. It has a foldable design to store it upright that saves lots of space around. The blue water tank with several resistance levels looks stunning. The water resistance provides smooth rowing motion. All of these make the Merax one of the best rowing machines.
5. Stamina ATS Air Rower – Smooth Rowing Machine
The Stamina Air Rower is a closing product in the list of top-notch exercise machines. It’s great for rowing workouts as the gear is efficient and durable. The rower has a multi-purpose monitor that shows speed, time, distance, and calories burned. The spacious pedals with straps provide more comfort when exercising. The sliding padded seat is suitable for any user.
Rowing Machine Features
- The Stamina machine comes with an LCD display to track your fitness progress.
- The gear is easy to assemble with a warranty of up to three years.
- The air resistance is easily adjustable. Row harder to add workload or less to get it easier.
- The adjustable seat and footplates are suitable for a range of users.
- The rowing machine’s length is 77″ when fully-assembled and 48″ when folded.
- The weight capacity is 250 pounds.
Our Testers’ Opinion
The Stamina ATS Air Rower is an effective equipment to improve your cardiovascular health. This cardio machine comes with an air resistance mechanism that is easy to operate. The LCD display helps to track your progress and heart health. The exercise machine is beneficial to the full-body workout. The product comes in three colors – black, chrome, and green – to fit any home gym design. That’s an excellent resistance rowing machine for a reasonable price.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is the Rowing Machine Good for?
Rowing machines are advantageous for overall health. Being a cardio trainer, the machine features a wide array of benefits:
- It provides a full-body workout. A rowing machine activates various muscle groups all over the body. So you’re able to take full advantage of a single piece of equipment.
- The rowing machines are great for cardio and strength gaining. They improve the cardiovascular system and muscles. The range of resistance levels provides strength training.
- The rowing machine provides low-impact workouts. Rowing doesn’t require bearing weights. You don’t need to lift heavy weights to pump your muscles. That’s why rowing machines are friendly to people of all ages and fitness levels. The same goes for treadmills and elliptical machines.
- The rowing machine is good for high-intensity training. It helps to develop stamina and endurance. The exercise strengthens your heart and lungs. They provide your body with enough oxygen to activate the muscle groups.
- Cardio training helps to lose weight. Rowing can burn 600 to 1000 calories per hour! That makes the gear highly efficient to build a lean body.
- The gear is excellent for a home gym. Both rookie and advanced users can benefit from it. The rowing machine is easy to install and maintain. Most models have a foldable design that saves lots of space in your workout area. It’s good for a garage gym too. As you need some space to store non-gym stuff as well.
Is the Rowing Machine Good Cardio?
Yes, absolutely! Rowing movements provide intensive training to hit the fat-burning zone. With such a cardio machine, you’ll reach this zone quickly and start burning calories.
The rowing machine activates your core, arms, back, and legs. It provides a solid full-body workout to strengthen your body. Different resistance levels allow you to perform both state cardio and HIIT workouts.
What Is the Best Type of Rowing Machine to Buy for Home Use?
There are four different rowing machine types you should consider before purchasing one.
- Hydraulic rowing machine. It’s the best budget-saving option. The price range goes from $100 to $500. The hydraulic cylinder resistance comes from compressing air with a cylinder. Unlike the rest of the rowing machine types, the hydraulic rower doesn’t have a pulling handle. It comes with a handle on each side of the machine to pull out. The hydraulic resistance levels allow you to adjust the workload.
- Magnetic rowing machine. The equipment features smooth and quiet rowing. The machine uses a brake system to provide magnetic resistance. Such rowing machines produce no friction that makes them soundless. The product may have a combo of magnetic and air resistance.
- Air rowing machine. Air rowing or flywheel mimics the motion of outdoor rowing. The product is designed with a flywheel with fan blades. The wheel spins when you’re pulling the handle. That’s how resistance occurs. Rowing with an air machine creates more natural and continuous strokes.
- Water rowing machine. This type is ideal for outdoor rowing enthusiasts. The machine produces water swishing sounds when pulling. It creates the effect just like you’re rowing in a boat. The resistance is provided by the water in the tank moving when dragging. Such a model attracts athletes with its unusual design and pleasing water-sound accompaniment.
Each of these indoor rowing machines has features beneficial for a home gym. Our top pick is the Concept2 Indoor Rowing Machine with its incredible performance and durability. For a budget home gym, we recommend the Sunny Health Rowing Machine that is highly-adjustable and comfy.
Can You Lose Belly Fat on a Rowing Machine?
Yes, you can! But the results depend on the frequency and quality of your performance. When rowing, many group muscles are engaged. Squeeze your core when pulling. This will help you to tone your abdominal muscles.
Rowing machines are excellent cardio trainers that are used for high-intensity workouts. They are impressively efficient to burn calories. It’s a low-impact exercise beneficial for the entire body. Intensive rowing leads to raising heart rate, thus, burning calories. That’s why such equipment helps to get rid of not only belly fat but full-body fat.
How Many Calories Does a Rowing Machine Burn?
Rowing machine burns from 600 to 1000 calories per hour, which is impressive. As we mentioned, it’s a superb cardio trainer to lose weight. Regular exercising on a rowing machine will help you get slim.
The number of calories burned with the rower depends on several factors. These are your metabolic rate, age, weight, health status, intensity, and more.
With light training, a 135-pound athlete may burn around 200 calories. While a 220-pound sportsman can make it 400. Speaking of intensive training, a 135-pound man is likely to burn up to 500 calories. And a 220-pound athlete may burn up to 1000 calories. Therefore, a rowing machine is worth considering when it comes to losing weight.
Best Rowing Machines Compared
Rowers are great cardio machines to get in shape. They help to gain stamina as well as lose weight. Such equipment provides a range of resistance levels to activate different muscles. The whole body may benefit from rowing machine workouts.
There are different types of rowers available. We made up a list of top-notch equipment for your home gym. And concluded that the NordicTrack RW900 Rower deserves the gold medal. The product provides a range of features for a comfy performance.
Looking for more cardio exercises? Check the article revealing stair stepper workout benefits.